There is a lot of information to take in when submitting, so please review the Rules and Regulations here
You will need the following information before completing your online submission:
- All pertinent show information (broadcast date, time, running time, show/episode synopses)
- Main contact name and information for the entry.
- For all individual entrants: current email address and mailing address info., phone numbers and phonetic spellings.
- Academy membership numbers for producer entrants (in order to access member fees for submission)
- Payment information
The Entrant understands and agrees that all fees and costs associated with an Entry must accompany the online submission form. Entries submitted without payment are expected to mail a cheque to the Academy within 7 business days. Entries submitted without payment will be deemed ineligible, and will not be processed. There will be no refunds for entries withdrawn from competition after
Note: To access the member entry fee, at least one producer on the entry must be an active, voting member of the Academy. For individual craft entries, the individual entrant must be an active, voting member.
We accept VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX. Cheques are also accepted and can be made out to: The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television, and mailed to: Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television, 49 Ontario St., Suite 501, Toronto, ON, M5A 2V1. Please make sure you include a separate page with submissison(s) title(s) and IDs for which you are paying for."
Early Bird: $470
Final Deadline: $620
The Single Program entry fee includes one Program Category and two (2) Craft or Performance Categories.
Early Bird: $620
Final Deadline: $770
The Series Program entry fee includes one (1) Program Category and two (2) Craft or Performance Categories.
DIGITAL MEDIA CATEGORIES
Cross Platform Categories (1030-1032)*
Early Bird: $300
Final Deadline: $390
Original Content Categories
(1033-1035 & 1039)*
Early Bird: $100
Final Deadline: $130
*Includes one (1) entry into either Category 1030, 1031, 1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, or 1039 and two (2) Digital Craft/Performance Category entries in Category 1036, 1037, 1038, and 1040.
Early Bird: $155
Final Deadline: $205
Applies to each additional Craft and/or Performance Entry over and above the two (2) included in Program Category Entry Fee.
Applies to performers and/or craft people who wish to enter the Canadian Screen Awards without having the Program/Series they worked on entered.
NOTE: There is no limit to the number of Craft and Performance Categories that may be entered.
The following files will be required, via secure upload:
- Digital file of program, or in the case of a series entry, digital files of each episode entered (uploading instructions will be provided)
- High Definition Trailer (or HD clips drawn from current season – 2 minutes in length)
- A list of on-screen credits for each episode/ program entered. (Word or Pdf Document).
- Letter of confirmation of original broadcast date from broadcaster. (Word or Pdf Document).
- Copy of CRTC or CAVCO certification. (Word or Pdf Document.)
- High definition .jpg (300 dpi) of still or E-Poster from production, meant to represent the show
- Electronic Press Kit
You may also be required to upload the following materials, based on category(ies) entered:
- Performance/Direction Categories: High resolution .jpg (300 dpi) headshots of each entered performer AND director (please label headshot clearly in filename).
- Supporting / Guest Performance Categories: Cue sheet with time codes outlining performer’s time on-screen. (Word or Pdf Document)
- Music Categories: Entries are accompanied by a detailed music cue sheet. (Word or Pdf Document).
- Visual Effects Categories: Entries include a three-page description of the VFX work involved. (Word or Pdf Document).
- Production Design Categories: Entries include a one-page description of work involved. (Word or Pdf Document).
- Costume Design Category: Entries include a one-page description of work involved. (Word or Pdf Document).
- Make-Up Category: Entries include a one-page description of work involved. (Word or Pdf Document).
- Research Categories: Entries (cat. 3007 & 3008) include short description of work involved. (Word or Pdf Document).
FOR DIGITAL MEDIA ENTRIES, the following confirmations will be required:
- The project was produced by a Canadian company, and made available to public, in Canada, during Qualifying period.
- The project must not be used primarily to advertise a specific project
- The cross-platform project must be related to a television Program that is eligible for the Canadian Screen Awards competition. The television Program does not have to be submitted to the Canadian Screen Awards competition.
- For Original Content categories, the project must have first been made available on a digital medium other than television
FOR DIGITAL MEDIA ENTRIES, you may also be required to upload the following materials, based on the category entered:
- Original Content Categories: Performance: High resolution .jpg headshots of each entered performer (please label headshot clearly in filename).
- Original Content Categories: Digital file of each episode entered (uploading instructions will be provided
- Original Content Categories: HD Trailer (or clips drawn from current season)
- Cross Platform Categories: provide project web address, download code for application, and/or other related media for the entered project.
- Text description of project’s intent, and synopsis of show (original content categories)
- Cross Platform Categories: Upload Video description of project
Rules and Regulations:
- Read the Rules & Regulations here
Please be advised that photos / logos / videos submitted will be used for Canadian Screen Awards judging and publicity purposes. Failure to upload the correct information could result in disqualification, and/or being omitted from Canadian Screen Award publicity throughout the year.
The Academy reserves the right to decline and/or omit materials, should they be deemed unacceptable (i.e. low resolution).